This is a guide on how to use the MEQ-550B plugin.
Each band is broken into the overlapping ranges, allowing for extreme equalization:
- Low: 30, 40, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400 Hz
- Low Mid: 75, 150, 180, 240, 500, 700, 1000 Hz
- Hi Mid: 0.8, 1.5, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12.5 kHz
- High: 2.5, 5, 7, 10, 12.5, 16, 20 kHz
The EQ operates in stereo mode (below) or dual-mono mode.
The input level can be adjusted between the values -24dB to 12dB, using the input slider.
- The frequency controls (top row) can be snapped to the desired frequency by rotating the knob, or by clicking on a value.
- The type buttons (below the frequency controls) allow either the bell shape or high shelf to be selected in the High-Frequency band. A bell shape or low shelf can be selected for the Low-Frequency band.
- The gain controls (middle row) can be snapped to the desired gain by rotating the knob, or by clicking on a value.
- The trim controls (bottom row) can be adjusted by rotating the slider.
The MSLR panel allows the processing and the output to be controlled.
- Select either Mid (M), Side(S), Left(L) or Right(R) or All(A) channels to activate.
- Selecting the A button will process the left and right channels using the settings in the active main panel.
- Selecting either M or S will perform Mid/Side processing while selecting L or R will perform LR processing. Each channel will be processed using a separate main panel for each channel.
- Pressing either L or M will activate a panel with a grey border OR pressing R or S will activate a panel with an orange border. Settings can then be adjusted for the grouping selected.
- If any of the MSLR buttons are active, activating the link button (situated between the LM group and the RS group) will cause both channels to be processed. If the link button is not active, then the channel selected will be unprocessed, while the other corresponding channel will be left untouched. Both signals will combine to form the output.
- The Solo buttons (speaker buttons at the top of the group allow either channel to be muted. For instance, if M is active but S should be muted, then disable the speaker above the RS group.
The output slider allows the signal output to be adjusted between -24dB and 12dB.
- Disable the link button between the Out L and Out R to allow the sliders to move independently.
- Use the phase buttons below each slider to toggle the phase of either the left or right channel.
The reset button (circular arrow button below the output slider group of controls), can be pressed to reset the plugin to factory defaults.