A versatile multiband delay plugin with intuitive visual display controls, that offers up to six bands of separation. ***Now including ducking controls!***
A versatile multiband delay plugin with intuitive visual display controls, that offers up to six bands of separation. Furthermore, each band is provided with the following delay functionality:
- Adjust the delay using a custom or a fractional delay from 2 bars to 1/64. Synchronise fractional delays to the tempo changes of a track by using the SYNC function.
- Change the delay variation by clicking the note, dotted or triplet echo variations (applies to fractional delays).
- On mono to stereo or stereo channels, engage a stereo width effect that starts from either the left or right channels. Change this to a ping pong delay effect which alternates between the left and right channels at the delay time
- Switch on tempo synchronisation which will adjust delay values to suit changing tempo
- Mould the echo using the inbuilt ducking controls which includes threshhold, ratio, attack and release controls, to create delay swells and avoid cluttering the original audio.
- Adjust smoothing which will smooth out delay time transitions.
- Use the LFO modulation to add some wobble to the delay times. Adjust the frequency up to 100Hz and vary the amount of modulation between 0% and 100%
- Adjust the bands delay dry/wet mix amount between 0% and 100%
- Output gain can be adjust to increase or decrease the output of the selected band
Additionally, the plugin has a number of presets. These are starting points to craft your own echo creations.
Moreover, Solo or deactivate each band to hear the differences and sculpt your own sound. Additionally, change the frequency cutoffs by using the visual display. Additionally, adjust the output gain in the visual display.
- Global output controls including gain, wet/dry mix and bypass. Use the ‘BAND|OUTPUT’ toggle to switch control views.
- Compare and select desired settings by using the A-B functionality
- A selection of presets are provided as a starting point.
MECHO-MULTI User Guide
This is a guide on how to use the Multiband Delay plugin – a delay plugin with up to six frequency bands.
Add/remove frequency bands by hovering over the top of the visual display until a ‘+’ button appears. Click on this button at the desired crossover location. A band can be removed by clicking on the ‘x’ button on the crossover that appears before the band to be removed.
Adjust the delay by using the delay knob. Or select a fractional delay amount using the drop down to the left of these buttons. A factor between 1/64 and 2 can be selected. In fractional mode, a note, dotted or triplet based delay can be selected by choosing one f the ‘N’, ‘D’ or ‘T’ buttons. The feedback know can be used to adjust the amount of echo feedback.
Activate Ducking by clicking on the ‘ON’ button in the DUCKING controls. The threshhold, ratio, attack and release controls can be used to adjust the ducking to taste. The ducking mechnism is based on a noise gate that uses the dry audio and then applies the gating in reverse to the delayed audio.
In a mono to stereo or stereo to stereo track configuration the ‘STEREO’ options are available. The stereo width can be adjusted by using the ‘WIDTH’ knob. This adjusts the delay and panning between the left and right channels to create a pseudo-stereo effect in the delay. Setting this to a zero width will result in a mono delay signal with no panning. The ‘PING PONG’ button can be selected to change this so that the delay is alternated between the left and right channels.
The ‘SYNC’ button will engage a tempo synchronisation which will adjust the delay amount accordingly when tempo changes. This mode can only be used while not using a fractional delay time. Use the fractional delay drop down to enable this option.
Use the LFO Modulation frequency and percentage knobs to add delay time modulation. This will add a varying delay time to create some interesting effects.
The smoothing knob allow the rate of smoothing to be adjusted. This is particularly useful to smooth the delay changes in ‘SYNC’ mode.
Use the DRY/WET knob to adjust the amount of delayed signal that will occur in the ou
Each band can be soloed or deactivated. Additionally, the frequency bands can be adjusted in the visual display. Additionally, the output gain can be adjusted in the visual display. The A-B functionality can be used to compare and select desired settings. A good selection of presets for drums, vocal, guitar, bass and master are provided as a starting point.
- Remove a band by clicking the ‘X’ icon in the visual display. This will remove the band ahead of the crossover being removed.
- Move the mouse towards the top of the visual display to add a crossover. A ‘+’ icon will appear which will follow the mouse as it moves right or left. Click the icon to place a frequency crossover at the desired frequency.
- Move a crossover by dragging the crossover to the desired frequency.
- Adjust the band output gain of a band by dragging the gain line (on the visual display) up or down.
- Display the input and/or output frequency response by clicking the In and/or Out buttons.
- Select a band by clicking anywhere inside a band on the visual display. The band will change to blue and the associated controls will appear in the blue control panel below.
- The amount of dry/wet signal can be adjusted by using the DRY/WET knob.
- The band output can be adjusted by using the OUTPUT knob.
- Activate/deactivate delay by toggling the switch button at the top right of each band.
- Bypass a bands delay processing by clicking the ‘B’ button at the top right of each band.
- Solo a band by clicking on the ‘S’ button at the top right of each band.
Use the ‘BAND|OUTPUT’ toggle to switch control views between BAND and OUTPUT. Global output controls including gain, wet/dry mix and bypass.
Top Menu (Presets and A-B Comparison)
The top menu provides the following functionality:
- A-B Comparison functionality: Click the A-B button to initiate the comparison. Make changes to the settings and then click the A-B button again to compare with the original. Click the Keep button to keep the preferred version ie. A or B.
- Preset functionality: Select from the list of factory presets or save your own by clicking the Save Preset button. Click the Delete Preset button to delete a preset.
You may also like…
MREV-PLATESSale! Add to cartAvailable as VST3/AU & AAX Plug-Ins (64-bit only) for Windows & macOS
$99.97Add to cartAvailable as VST3/AU & AAX Plug-Ins (64-bit only) for Windows & macOS
MSAT-MULTISale! Add to cartAvailable as VST3/AU & AAX Plug-Ins (64-bit only) for Windows & macOS