This is a guide on how to use the MEQ-1073 plugin.
The EQ has four bands. The top EQ band controls a fixed shelf at 12 kHz. The midband controls a bell curve with selectable frequencies at .36, .7, 1.6, 3.2, 4.8, and 7.2 kHz. The low band controls a shelf with selectable frequencies at 35, 60, 110 and 220 Hz. The selectable high-pass filter can be set at 50, 80, 160 or 300 Hz. Each band offers +/- 16 dB of gain.
The EQ operates in stereo mode (below) or dual-mono mode.
The input level can be adjusted between the values -24dB to 12dB, using the input slider.
- The frequency controls (blue edged knobs) can be snapped to the desired frequency by rotating the knob, or by clicking on a value.
- The gain controls (black-edged knobs) can be snapped to the desired gain by rotating the knob, or by clicking on a value.
- The trim controls (red-edged knobs) can be adjusted by rotating the slider.
The MSLR panel allows the processing and the output to be controlled.
- Select either Mid (M), Side(S), Left(L) or Right(R) or All(A) channels to activate.
- Selecting the A button will process the left and right channels using the settings in the active main panel.
- Selecting either M or S will perform Mid/Side processing while selecting L or R will perform LR processing. Each channel will be processed using a separate main panel for each channel.
- Pressing either L or M will activate a panel with a grey border OR pressing R or S will activate a panel with an orange border. Settings can then be adjusted for the grouping selected.
- If any of the MSLR buttons are active, activating the link button (situated between the LM group and the RS group) will cause both channels to be processed. If the link button is not active, then the channel selected will be unprocessed, while the other corresponding channel will be left untouched. Both signals will combine to form the output.
- The Solo buttons (speaker buttons at the top of the group allow either channel to be muted. For instance, if M is active but S should be muted, then disable the speaker above the RS group.
The output slider allows the signal output to be adjusted between -∞dB and 12dB.
- Disable the link button between the Out L and Out R to allow the sliders to move independently.
- Use the phase buttons below each slider to toggle the phase of either the left or right channel.
The reset button (circular arrow button below the output slider group of controls), can be pressed to reset the plugin to factory defaults.